Theory and applications to energy management
This workshop will be held on June 12-13, 2014 at the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science (DMI) from the XLIM Laboratory (University of Limoges), Limoges, France.
The talks will be held in the conference room of the main XLIM building.
Aim and scope
Stochastic optimization is a very active area of research with several applications in mathematical finance, natural resources management, risk management, power systems, social sciences, sustainable development, etc.
The aim of this workshop is to bring together researchers and practitioners in the field of Stochastic Optimization and to foster interdisciplinary activities on theoretical and numerical aspects. The workshop will provide the opportunity to Msc and PhD students to meet specialists in the field and develop new insights for further improvements.
- Stochastic programming.
- Applications in engineering.
- Natural ressources management.
- Game theory.
- Power supply.
- Mathematical finance.
Samir Adly, Francisco Silva, Henri Massias (XLIM Laboratory, Mathematics and Computer Science Department)
List of invited speakers
- Georgios Petrou (EDF)
- Terence Bayen (Université de Montpellier)
- Hamidou Tembine (KAUST - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia)
- Didier Aussel (Université de Perpignan)
- J. Frédéric Bonnans (Inria Saclay)
- Teemu Pennanen (King's College London, England)
- Samir Adly (XLIM - Université de Limoges)
- Raymond Quéré (XLIM - Université de Limoges)
- Jean-Pierre Cancès (XLIM - Université de Limoges)
- Yannis Pousset (XLIM - Université de Poitiers)
- Francisco Silva (XLIM - Université de Limoges)
- Julio Daniel Backhoff (Department of Mathematics - Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin)
There are no registration fees. We request all workshop attendees (including speakers) to register on this web page.
Transport and accomodation
The speakers will be accomodated at Hôtel Orléans Lion d'or which is very close to the train station.
Hôtel Lion d'Or
9/11 Cours Jourdan
Tél: (+33) 5 55 77 49 71
Limoges can be reached by plane, train or car.
- Limoges is served by the international airport of Limoges.
- Limoges is served by the train station Gare des Bénédictins. For more information about the trains, timetables and tickets, please refer to SNCF website.
- Limoges is served by the A20 highway from Toulouse (249km) or Paris (347km) and by the A89 highway from Bordeaux (183km), Clermont-Ferrand (142km) or Lyon (278km).
The conference will take place in the XLIM building of the Faculty of Sciences and Techniques on the campus of La Borie.
Faculté des Sciences et Techniques
123 avenue Albert Thomas
87060 Limoges cedex.
The faculty is served by the bus line no 8, direction Mal Joffre, stop Faculté des Sciences. To reach the faculty from the train station Gare des Bénédictins, there are two possibilities:
- Leave the train station from the main entrance and go to the STCL buses stop Gare des Bénédictins (which is located on the right of the train station). Take the bus line no 6 in the direction of Mal Juin then leave it at the stop Place W. Churchill where you can join the bus no 8 (direction Maréchal Joffre).
- Leave the train station from the main entrance and go straight passing by Av. du Général de Gaulle (parallel to the railway lines) in the direction of Place Jourdan where you can join the bus no 8.